The family business began in 1935 by the late father of the Nicholson brothers Mr. Efthymios Nicholson as a commission agency for textiles. Soon the business grew into a leader in its field and when the Nicholson brothers, Nicos, Stelios and Theodore who to-day run the group, joined the concern in the eighties, it expanded further and became the only enterprise in Cyprus providing the local textile industry not only with raw materials but with capital equipment as well.
The nineties saw the decline of the textile industry in Cyprus and as a result the strategic decision to diversify was taken.
To day the group continues the commission agency business albeit on a far smaller scale. At present the major business interests of the group are in the retail of branded clothing and import-distribution of stationery products.